Home

Monday, October 31, 2011

Assignment#2 & #3

Last week went very hectic because we had to model a character(basic with geometric shapes) and a set for it.Having given free liberty at it people turned out making amazing stuff!!It shows the power of free-flowing creativity and that is a very essential part needed for animating I feel. Creativity does not have to always necessarily mean producing works like that of  Monet or Picasso but thinking and looking at things differently, in an offbeat way so that the treatment you provide for it blows the viewer away, be it art, science, writing, etc.

I  first modeled a basic figure without much thought sticking to the syllabus/assignment requirements. But honestly  I was blown away with the works my batchmates did which prompted me to work harder on my set.
So I tweaked my model to look like an alien and for set made a flying saucer spaceship.
The assignment also required to set up cameras and view the scene in different angles. Playing with the camera settings of the software made me realize what splendid views can be achieved with increase/decrease in focal length.(I had read notes on it in one prior occassion sometime back, never excited me. I guess seeing the results and working practically on it hooked me on; I guess I'll save the theory vs practical debate for later). Here's a look of my assignments:

                                                                       My initial model

                                                       The spaceship with the new character

2 comments:

  1. I'm sooo crazy about your UFO, Rad... AND your character! I'm sure he's plotting to conquer the world or something... ;)

    Anyhoo, just thought I'd drop by and check out your blog... Turns out we've both been blown away by the massive creativity among our classmates... ;)

    Take care miss agent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...thanks Agent Lou..It does plan to terrorize our next session for now(got to warn Fred)..lol!
    Thanks so much for ur comments and Yeah.. I was really blown away by everybody's creativity, feeling I hadn't done much..lol!

    ReplyDelete